The Community Boating Center (CBC) is looking for a dedicated, energetic and detail oriented individual who is interested in youth mentorship and has the desire to accomplish positive community development within the Greater New Bedford area.
In 1998, CBC incorporated as a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to enriching the lives of area youth by exposing them to a new and challenging environment built upon a foundation of trust and respect. The CBC staff, acting as role models, provide friendship and mentorship, teach responsibility and teamwork and demonstrate commitment and compassion with all CBC students. Safety, Fun and Education are the cornerstones of CBC programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director supports CBC’s development initiatives and procedures, assists with programs as needed, and coordinates all facets of office administration. The person in this position works closely with the CBC team to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, have a proven ability to multitask and problem solve, and embrace working in an active, vibrant, youth-oriented environment.
- Grant Research, Writing, and Reporting, including maintaining a development calendar
- Donor cultivation and relations, both in person and through written and social media
- Donation Processing, including data capturing and donor acknowledgement
- Fundraising and special events
- Manage program administration and application process
- Maintain Partner organization relationships
- Assist in managing program staff relations
- Perform a variety of office management duties and administrative responsibilities.
- Organize office operations, procedures, and policies
- Manage bookkeeping, A/R, and A/P
- Support Board of Directors and Executive Director as needed
- Grant writing experience
- Proven office management and administrative experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Willingness and enthusiasm to interact with the community and promote CBC’s mission