The Community Boating Center (CBC) is looking for a talented and dynamic Development Director with the desire to do great things in the Greater New Bedford area, and the proven success and experience to achieve CBC’s mission.
In 1998, CBC incorporated as a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to enriching the lives of area youth by exposing them to a new and challenging environment built upon a foundation of trust and respect. The CBC staff, acting as role models, provide friendship and mentorship, teach responsibility and teamwork and demonstrate commitment and compassion with all CBC students. Safety, Fun and Education are the cornerstones of CBC programs.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as CBC continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build and implement all development efforts of CBC. The Development Director position will be an integral role in the organization, and the ideal candidate must be a creative thinker, hard worker and excellent communicator.
- Develop and execute CBC’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Netsuite and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversees organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 3-plus years’ experience in development and community relations
- Demonstrated excellence in fundraising and networking
- Exceptional organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Highly effective time management skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills