One March Day
March 30th was an exciting day at CBC! Over 100 of the Greater New Bedford’s youth and young adults participated in our programming. Along with our incredible partners, the CBC Team delivered 8 programs that empower students and sailors to become future leaders in sailing, STEAM disciplines, stewards of our oceans and environment, and our communities.
As warmer days begin to draw near, we start to focus our programs back onto the bay and are enthusiastic to continue teaching positive life values through boating. We are determined to inspire more and more kids, every day, with our unfettered passion for sailing, science, and our community.
ROVs with STEAM After School
Testing RC Electronics
Youth and Young Adults
What We Did
- Ocean Stewardship with SEA LAB
- Remote Controlled Model Bevin’s Skiff building with Our Sisters’ School
- Rowing and Marine Debris (Beach Cleanup) with Nativity Prep
- Designing and Assembling underwater ROVs with CBC STEAM After School
- Building a 12 Foot Bevin’s Skiff with the New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Constructing wind turbines with DeMello Elementary School
- ISSA practice with Bishop Stang
- ICSA practice with UMass Dartmouth